Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kev the Superstar

I was watching this video the other day, reminiscing about the good ol' days. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISaOiO7jZFA&feature=fvst

A 5th grade girl came over to my desk, saw Alonso and said "Oh! Teacher, you?!" I nodded very nonchalantly.

Next thing, she goes and gets her mates, and 3 screaming girls come running into my office saying "Teacher! Teacher! Sign here!"

So I wrote Gerrard as though it was a signature, again very cool and calm as though I'd signed a million autographs before theirs.

They leave. 5 minutes later they come back with more friends wanting autographs. Without realising it I even signed the back of a girls photograph of her and her grandmother. I feel a bit bad about that.

It's so easy to tell these kids something which makes me look super cool.

We're using this video for one of our lessons http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsNubOGv_mg

I told the students that the guy with the brown hair, the first person you see on the video, that's me when I was 18.

"Wow! Kevin teacher Ga Su(Singer)!" Now they think I'm an international football star and in a British pop band! I'm cool with that. So long as they don't stick a guitar in my hand, they won't find out that all I can play is Mary Had a Little Lamb, and this little performance can happily continue.

Try it. Tell your kids something outrageous and see if you get away with it. Show them a video of Justin Timberlake and tell them he's your cousin. Or show them a video of a popstar they won't know and say it's you. It works a treat and is hilarious. And it gets you more Pepero (빼빼로).

Happy Pepero Day folks.

I was going to say Happy Remembrance Day but I'm not sure you can have a happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment