Sunday, April 3, 2011

Strawberry Nose

My head teacher is a small chubby man, with glasses and a fat nose. He's quite an arrogant man, the type of fella' who acts like slavery is still legal when he's in a restaurant.

He has a fat nose which is ALWAYS bright red. Seriously, he could stop traffic with that thing!

I recently found out that none of the teachers at my school like him, well none of the female teachers anyway. They've nicknamed him "Rudolph" on account of the big red blob sitting in the center of his face.

This year he's taken on a role as a P.E. teacher. Which is bloody ironic cos' all he does is smoke and order people about.

Today my 6th graders came in after a lesson with him. Their hair was all ruffled, their clothes messed up, they were sweating and out of breath.

"What's the matter?" My co-teacher asks in Korean.

They tell her in Korean that ol' Rudolph made them run extra laps in P.E. class while he stood there having a bifta.

"STRAWBERRY NOSE!!" One of them shouts.

Me and my co-teacher look at each other. They've been talking in Korean but I know that they're talking about the head teacher, and she knows I know.

There comes certain moments in everyones professional career, when their professional credibility is tested. This was one such moment. Could me and my co-teacher keep ourselves from laughing? Could we keep a stern face and laugh about it later?

Well...no we couldn't! We pissed ourselves laughing! Strawberry nose...brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment