Thursday, September 30, 2010

We're Going to Wembley!

Last night I went to my first Busan I Park game. Busan I Park is in the K-League, Korea's versions of the Premier League. Last night's match was not a league game though. It was the FA Cup semi final against Chunnan yellow (I've never heard of Chunnan either!).

The match was held at the Asiad stadium in Busan. This stadium was built for the world cup  and seats close to 55,000. However only about 1,000 people if that turned up last night...for the FA Cup semi final! In preparation for this shortage of fans, make shift stands were created close to the pitches and there were still a lot of empty seats.



What a match! Busan took the lead in the first half, one of their players(I don't know any names) heading a corner 6 yards out after the keeper made an awful attempt at punching it. After the break Chunnan equalised. 2-1 busan, then 2-2 to take it into extra time. Busan made it 3-2 in extra time and the hardcore Busan fans(myself included) were going mental! At this time we made our way over to the home fans section and started singing with the Busan fans. God knows what we were singing but it was awesome!



The designated drummer for the Busan fans got so excited he broke his drum!

After the match, the players came over to our stand and did a Jurgen Klinsman chain.


One of the players tried to throw his jersey over the net separating the fans from the pitch. It didn't go over the net, but hit it and slid down. One kid put his hand through the net and caught it...mayhem ensued! All the kids in the stand, Sam and Jez included, rushed over to wrestle the shirt from the poor lad.



About 5 quid the ticket was, and it was a semi final. A season ticket is only 25 quid. And I had an absolute ball. Even bought myself a scarf! 



Yup, I am now a lifelong I Park fan, that is my team...and we're going to Wembley!




No comments:

Post a Comment