Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Vice Principle

The Vice Principle at my school is a funny old fella. He's got short grey hair but about once a month he comes in with hair as black as the night.

Every now and then he calls me down to his office for a chat about his two favourite topics; mountaineering/hiking and British history(two things he's made me realise I know very little about.)

When Prince Willy and Kate Middleton announced their engagement, he called me down to his office and said "Mr Kevin, is Britain royal family the same as North Korea royal family?"

I'm still not sure how I stopped my sides from splitting.



Yesterday the whole school went out to a nice Vietnamese restaurant. There he was sat there, his face so red from beer and soju if he'd have stepped outside the traffic would have stopped.

After the meal, a female teacher came up to me and said "How will you get to your home?"

As soon as these words passed her little kimchi loving lips, he came running over, grabbed me by the arm and said "Ok! Maekju(Beer)." Then dragged me to the headteachers car, threw me in and sped off. If Korean's gave half a toss, then the passers by would have thought I was being kidnapped.



We get to the bar and he's bladdered. Get a beer and he says to me "Mr Kevin! You like bolleyball?"

"Yeh."

"Ok, you play for school Ok? But you must wear short pants Ok? Then the girls think you shekshy boy!"



The guys an absolute riot and I know I'll never have another boss half as fun and mad as he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment