Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wasting Time

I've been here for 6 months and it occurred to me yesterday that for 6 months in a strange country I've done next to nothing.

In 6 months here I haven't even been to the DMZ. I'm starting to get worried the North and South will reunify before I get my lazy ass in gear and go and see the strip of land that separates them.

All this week school have been letting me leave at 1pm. So yesterday I decided to go and check out Busan museum and the UN cemetery. They're not far from my house but I still haven't been to see them.

Being the dozy plank that I am I got on the wrong bloody bus and ended up back at home! Then I sat there watching TV for a few hours till it was time to play footy. What a bloody waste of time!

Whilst I was sat at home watching crap movies, I found my Korea guidebook all dusty and old looking in the corner of my bookshelf. I realised I haven't looked at it for about 3-4 months, and I'd done next to none of the things that it recommends.

I vowed there and then to get this lazy bug out of my ass and instead stick a rocket up it! Over these next 6 months I will own this little peninsula. I will explore every little nook and cranny! No stone will be left unturned, no food left untasted, no alcoholic beverage left undrunk! And at the end of it, there will be a montage!

As god is my witness, this beautiful peninsula is about to get...KEVLARED!

No comments:

Post a Comment