Thursday, March 24, 2011

Paddy Dunn's First Goal

On Saturday, all the bars celebrated Paddy's day again for the people who never made it out during the week. Naturally, I went out and got bladdered.

Come 2am, the England v Ireland game was on and in Wolfhound, there were 3 people including myself in England shirts, and about 50 roaring Irish in green! So you can imagine what it was like wearing the red rose when the final whistle blew!

Anyway, on Sunday, Busan United had our first game of the season against Sydney FC. They're a new team in the league from Daegu and have so far received a lot of praise from anyone who's seen them.

We hadn't seen them play, and I was hanging. We started well. They were passing the ball well but our defence and midfield did enough to stop them from getting through. 

In fact, our midfield played really well and after the first half we were four nil up through Gary, Scott, Baz and a penalty from Andy thanks to a dive in the box from Baz.

They managed to pull it back to 4-2 in the second half. The first goal was a powerful strike from the half way line and the second...I can't remember. They then hit the bar and the post.

I came off with cramp at the start of the 2nd half but the gaffer brought me on at left mid with about 10 mins to go. Never played their before in my life and I was running around like a headless chicken. 

Corner. Andy drives it into the box. 10 yards from goal. It's coming straight to me. Baz is behind me. I hear a big scream "BAAAAZZZZ'SS!!" I think to myself "sod that!" and meet it with my head. It beats Sydney's defence and their keeper...it's in! 

I can't believe it, I've scored my first ever 11-a-side goal. I've been playing 11-a-side since I was 11, most of the time in center mid, and it's taken me to 23 to score.

We ended up winning 5-2. 

I know this is a boring post, but I'm so excited about scoring that I had to post it. After all, it's probably gonna be another 12 years till I score again!

Paddy

No comments:

Post a Comment