Tuesday, March 22, 2011

More Korean Dog Madness

A while ago I posted about a Panda dog I saw in Busan.http://scousekimchi.blogspot.com/2010/10/panda-dog.html

Since then I've seen dogs with Armani jackets on and all sorts of crap like that. I've gotten used to it now. I just shake my head and walk by.

But the other day I saw something that stopped me in my tracks.

I went down to the bus stop after school bopping along to a bit of Beady Eye. At the bus stop was a Buddhist Monk. I guess she's a Buddhist Monk, I see her walking up the hill past my school all the time. She's got the full gray Buddhist outfit on, rubber shoes with the brown fur round the top, and a skinhead that wouldn't look out of place in a Lacoste tracksuit!

She had an orange plastic bag. And poking it's head out of the bag was a small dog. A small white thing with short curly hair and long floppy ears. The worst thing was, about a quarter of the dogs long floppy ears, from the tip up, had been dyed illuminous orange, whether to match the colour of the plastic bag or not I don't know.

Fair enough she could have been minding the dog for some cretin who dyes dogs ears. But, my initial reaction was "What the fuck is a Buddhist Monk doing dying a dogs ears illuminous orange!?"

I've got a proposal for a new charity. The NSPCA - the National Society for the Prevention of Cosmetics on Animals. The headquarters will be based in Busan, which, outside of Orange County, needs the most help stopping this insanity! Who's in?

KevLa

No comments:

Post a Comment